We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our Melbourne team and help bring our brand vision and global plan to life. You will assist in some areas and own others, but in the end you will work with a team of marketers, writers, editors and designers who are passionate about delivering an amazing experience to accountants around the world.
What is Karbon?
Karbon is a cloud-based collaborative work management platform for accounting firms, designed to solve the pain points of collaborating across teams, departments and locations. Karbon combines email, discussions, tasks and powerful workflows to keep everything a team needs to get work done in one place and in context.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Sydney, Melbourne and Nelson NZ. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture and make a global impact.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with content management: help manage our content roadmap, coordinate with the content team (writers, editors & designers) delivery on each article and plan out all of the puzzle.
- Social media management & coordination: you will assist in the publishing of content, as well as community engagement and follow-up.
- Event management: we have a busy calendar of events that need to be organised, planned and executed. Some are Karbon-owned, others are sponsorship efforts that will require engaging with organisers.
- Working with global teams: you will help execute campaigns across 4 different countries and timezones. All kinds of activities across every area of the marketing mix. No 2 days will be the same.
To be successful, you will:
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience in a marketing, communications or event management role, doing any or all of the responsibilities listed above.
- Be a wordsmith — you are able to get your point across in a succinct and concise manner.
- Possess unparalleled attention to detail, especially while multitasking — you will be doing a lot of things at the same time, and you need to be able to flawlessly execute each one of them.
- Ability to multitask — see above — and be a team player. You will be working with the product, design and sales teams in Australia, New Zealand and the US.
- Good initiative, a can-do attitude and the ability to take ownership of responsibilities.
- You not just understand social media; you live and breathe it.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Pardot (or similar) will be very highly regarded.
- A degree of some sort is great, but we are not looking for someone with theoretical skills. Most importantly we want someone with a great attitude, willing to learn and make things happen.
- Be passionate about finding new ways to execute ideas in different channels — you need to understand and, most importantly, love marketing.
Benefits of working at Karbon:
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product.
- Ownership and autonomy over the work you do.
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team.
- Part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you.
- Flexible approach to work hours and environment.
- A modern CBD office with all the amenities and close to public transport
To apply for this job, email your resume and a cover letter that, in less than 500 words, tells us why you want to work with us, why are you the right candidate and what is one thing you believe Karbon should do to gain awareness.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org