City Operations Manager - Frankfurt/Mannheim
more jobs by:
We are Wind.
Our mission? To make transport sustainable for everyone across the world. We’re putting the fun back into commuting with our e-scooters, and we want you to join us!
Today we are powering over 15 cities worldwide and growing quickly to become a key player in the field of micro-mobility. With the launch of a new state of the art scooter, we are expanding our talented team to reach new heights.
We are looking for a superhero to be our new City Operations Manager to power and expand our operations in Frankfurt and Mannheim. You will be responsible for the growth and success of Wind within dedicated cities. It’s a very challenging, hands-on and rewarding role, requiring a versatile personality and a strong set of logistical, operational, analytical, marketing, and leadership skills. Our City Operations Managers have a hyper-local approach ensuring a perfect user experience. In parallel with keeping the fleet in the city operational, the City Manager is in touch with the EMEA HQ teams to keep improving Wind and build a resilient scalable company.
If you’re hungry for a challenge, able to navigate the uncharted waters of a new industry, and extremely result-driven…then what are you waiting for? We wanna hear from you!
Every superhero has super responsibilities
- Be responsible for all our day-to-day operational activities in the clusters of Frankfurt and Mannheim
- Make sure that our scooters are in the streets, charged and available for customers.
- Be accountable for the number of scooters deployed, and their utilisation.
- Train, develop and supervise our local operations teams.
- Manage local vendors.
- Set up and run one warehouse in Mannheim and one in Frankfurt.
- Anticipate and proactively solve issues that may hinder ride growth in the market, escalating to EMEA HQ as required.
- Build strong relationships with the local communities, media, and local competitors.
- Partner with our HQ Marketing and PR team to increase brand awareness and build an excellent brand image.
- Ensure a great end-to-end user experience including on-the-ground logistics management.
- Work closely with key local stakeholders, ensuring that Wind becomes part of the local community.
- Forge and strengthen the relationship local governments and institutions.
- Work closely with our tech team to improve our products & services.
- Located in either Frankfurt or Mannheim, and available to travel to the other city on a regular basis.
- Having great local market knowledge
- A skilled operator and people manager, able to entirely own our operations and team on the ground.
- Analytical and data-driven with problem-solving skills: you can keep your eye on the data, and adapt the course of action in real time.
- A persuasive personality: strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others.
- Extremely well organized: a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Intrinsically motivated, results-driven and proactive in looking above and beyond: a proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred.
- Experienced in operations: 5+ years of operations management, managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, optimizing processes, and delivering business goals.
- Experienced in people management: 3+ years of experience leading teams, high emotional intelligence, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others, leading by example.
- Experienced in project management: 2+ years of business consulting, or related experience.
- Native German speaker with fluency in English
- The opportunity to be part of a growing, international team.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building events.
- A real challenge! (We’re a startup…no day is ever the same!)
- Competitive salary.
Come as you are! At Wind we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. While for this role we ask that you should be eligible to work in Germany, we remain an open-minded meritocracy. If you are a quick thinker, able to navigate the uncharted waters of a new industry, and extremely results-driven, we want to hear from you!