Partner Engineer, Google Cloud
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), HTML, PDF or DOC version of your resume in English to email@example.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Partner Engineer, Google Cloud.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Hong Kong due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
- Experience with cloud computing concepts (Big Data, PaaS, IaaS technologies). Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management as it relates to big data trends and business challenges. Experience using and/or managing databases.
- Experience with networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers and firewalls.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience coaching and mentoring technical teams.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Partner Engineer, you posses excellent communication and organizational skills; and previous experience in cloud platform and infrastructure products, software development cycle, and SQL-based relational databases. You will bridge the gap between a customer’s needs and a partner’s ability to deliver on them.
In this role, you will work closely with business development and sales managers to grow and support the Google Cloud partner ecosystem. You will contribute to customer adoption of Google Cloud by assessing our partners’ technical expertise, connecting the customer with the right partner, and supporting partners as they execute practical and useful solutions. You will help prospective partners understand Google Cloud features, and align with the product marketing and engineering teams to recommend improvements to Google Cloud products.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution on Google Cloud.
- Own the technical relationship with our partners, enabling them to manage product and solution briefings and proof-of-concept work and coordinate additional technical resources
- Support partners in prototyping and demonstrating and product integrations in customer environments, and identifying and mitigating key customer technical objections
- Work with the team to identify and qualify partnership opportunities
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.