QE Engineer - Cloud Team
more jobs by:
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a Quality Engineer responsible for validating specifications of developed software. If you have a strong understanding of complex distributed systems and demonstrate the ability to effectively test and troubleshoot them, we'd love to have you apply.
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have made a material impact by validating the correctness of software through the introduction and enhancement of reliable tests and have effectively collaborated on the design of new features and their specifications.
*In 6 months time- you'll have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery with high-quality work.
*In 12 months time- you'll have earned the trust of the team and have delivered tasks throughout the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance and have established yourself as the 'go-to' person for the behavior of several parts of the system.
This role is also open to remote work (India) as our teams are globally distributed. We are a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required, however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and develop test plans for Couchbase SaaS products
- Adopt, improve, and advocate for our vision for the quality of Couchbase Cloud products
- Define, plan, and execute test cases for UI and backend systems in a fast-paced release cycle based on agile/scrum methodologies
- Build and maintain reliable test automation using TypeScript and Go that validates correctness and scalability of software
- Make it easy for engineers to contribute integration, load, and other kinds of tests
- Help quantify quality improvements in delivered software
- Collaborate with engineering teams to find effective solutions to testing challenges
- Collaborate with engineering teams to reproduce complex scenarios discovered in our own testing or reported by customers and write regression tests to fix and prevent them
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Key technologies this role will employ: TypeScript, Go (Golang), Cypress, AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Couchbase Server
- You are comfortable with Go or another low-level programming language and would like to write write Go
- You are comfortable with TypeScript or jаvascript and would like to write TypeScript
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to make realistic assessments of product complexity
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- The software you write is sympathetic to the humans who will maintain it
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
*Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020
*Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
*Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019
*Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018
*Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.