Senior Sustaining Software Engineer
In 2020, we are pursuing our ambitions to continue to enable organizations' digital transformation. We are looking for our new Senior Sustaining Software Engineer to join Axway's family. Are you ready? Join us now!!!
Together we can. Together we will. Axway is an enterprise integration company that's been around for over 20 years to digitally transform enterprises of all sizes - more than 11,000 in 100 countries at last count. Axway revitalizes heritage IT infrastructures to enable brilliant digital customer experiences, unlock new business innovation and capabilities, and put companies on a secure, future-proof path for growth.
You'll exchange ideas with a culturally rich global community of over 1,800 members who connect remotely or show up onsite in virtually every time zone on the planet. And you'll have the support and camaraderie of your Axway leadership and colleagues to serve as a reminder that you're not alone on your journey, and that every day, you've taken one more step forward. With Axway, you'll go far because we're better together. Learn more: www.axway.com.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited about applying to Axway. To help you understand more about who we are and what we value, you can start with our culture and values, which are articulated in our R&D Manifesto.
Axway Dublin is an autonomous R+D center - unique in offering the freedom and flexibility of a startup and stability of a public, profitable and growing company behind it! At Axway Dublin we develop products that manage the full lifecycle of APIs from create and govern through monitor and consume. We are in the cloud and on premise. We open up organization’s back-ends to mobile devices. We are at the forefront of digital enablement managing APIs for the Internet of Things (IoT). 5 words you hear a lot in our Axway Dublin R&D center are APIs, Performance, Automation, Scalability and Security.
We are looking for talented, passionate people to join our team and drive positive customer experience through delivery of quality, stability, and performance. The successful candidate will have a thirst for knowledge demonstrated by their learning of the platform and contribution to tactical defect resolution, strategic changes to avoid recurring defects, and contribution to forward development on the product platform.
If you have the right skills and mindset and want to work with a team who encourages you to make a difference, be creative and share your ideas, we want to hear from you.
Skills and Experience we require:
- 5+ years commercial coding experience in Java and exposure to at least one of the following: jаvascript, Python, C++, Node, Go, Ansible/Chef
- Experience with monitoring and measurement tools
- Strong understanding of the following technologies: HTTP, APIs, OAuth, REST, XML security, JSON, WSDL, XPath
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and some hands-on experience (Docker, container orchestration tool, Cloud frameworks etc.)
- Experience with test automation frameworks and desire to deliver high quality, maintainable code
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Keen interest in new technologies and open source tools
- Ability to guide and mentor less senior team members
- Ability to contribute to and govern best practice implementations
- Experience in developing SaaS solutions a plus but not mandatory
Your first months at Axway:
- Join our teams working on our flagship product to learn the products and components that drive our organization
- Work with mentors and managers helping you expand your knowledge
- Assist the support team in investigating issues and finding solutions
- Identify and deliver strategic changes to avoid repeat issues
- Participate in team planning, development, and release activities
At Away we know our employees are our most important asset. Employee career development is an important part of the Axway culture. We strive to promote from within, helping employees to create and follow a career path that is fulfilling to them, and meets company goals. Our global presence also creates career opportunities in other countries that employees are encouraged to explore. We provide a creative and flexible working environment where people are empowered to make a difference.