Service Technician - Christchurch
As a Tesla Vehicle Technician you'll be responsible for upholding Tesla's exceptional Service standards. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering an impeccable service experience to each and every Tesla customer while preparing to meet the needs of our Model S, Model X, Model 3 customers and beyond. This role will be a hands on technical role that will see the workshop numbers scale as we get more products in market.
- Our Service team must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
- Customer focused : Our customers are changing the world, and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to go above and beyond for our customers.
- People : Our Technicians set the example. We expect you to put the team's success before your own, and actively push yourself growth and development with the team. You and the team will set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment.
- Operational excellence : As a Technician, you form an integral part of the Service team and the customer experience. If our Technicians don't operate effectively, the Service Center doesn't.
- Our Service team acts in the best interest of Tesla at all times. You must have a passion for our mission, our people, and our customers.
- Technical acumen is required – you must develop a knowledge of all Tesla products, as well as Service systems, processes, and procedures.
- Educational experience: Qualified motor mechanic, Registered Vehicle Technician
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a Registered Vehicle Technician
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicle including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules.
- Knowledge and experience using diagnostic scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes.
- Hybrid Experience a bonus.
- Valid driver's license and insurance required.
- HVAC Licensing a bonus.
- Good verbal English capabilities.
- Occasional travel will be required both interstate and international.
Attitude and Approach
- Self starter with a team player attitude is a must.
- Love to change the status quo and work well in high-pressure situations.
- Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to ensure you execute well.
- Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded. You are in a startup environment.
- Possess a rare combination of analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
- Be an advocate for your customers and your team. Your success depends on theirs.