Operations Analyst (Platform)
Bind was formed in 2016 by veteran health insurance innovators passionate about making health insurance personal— with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve.
Want to move mountains?
Bind took the old model of health insurance apart and is rebuilding it — from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now — clear prices, timely support, personal choice and flexibility and an awesome, intuitive experience.
Where different wins.
Help build different and make a difference. Become a Binder and help us revolutionize health insurance.
Operations Analyst - Minneapolis
The operations analyst is a key member of the operations team supporting data management, reporting, QA testing, business analysis, project management and problem triaging and resolution. This person will work closely with the Operational Program Manager and the operations team to ensure integrity of the Platform. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, analytical, and not adverse to owning problems through resolution.
- Work with internal product owners to identify business requirements for system enhancements and bug fixes
- Become a subject matter expert on the claim life cycle and a go to resource on the impacts of change and innovation to the day to day operations
- Drive projects to completion working closely with internal and external partner to establish requirements; create reasonable timelines and execute on delivery
- Participate in process optimization by identifying and implementing improvements
- Provide support for QA Testing of various systems used to support business operations
- Complete ad hoc request for data to troubleshoot and triage incidents using the Bind reporting tool Looker
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for coordinating query resolution with internal and external client and ensuring effective management of claim queries
- Cooperate with Bind's internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with regulations
- Ensure problems are escalated to management's attention and expectations are properly managed
- Prepare and review assigned work for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure procedures and service standards are documented and updated as changes occur
- Identify workflow/system improvements and work with manager and operations team to enact change
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance industry strongly preferred.
- A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel; Basic SQL knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to take initiative
- Ability to learn and adapt to change
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Occasionally must be available to work outside of standard hours to support business needs, especially during annual business peak time (end of year)
- Travel within U.S for training or special projects may be required
- Health Insurance/Heath Care industry experience strongly preferred
- Agile, ready to change direction on the fly
- Startup experience
- Working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
What We're Offering
- Chance to join a new tech start-up aiming to fix the healthcare industry
- Empowerment to shape new solutions disrupting healthcare while providing benefits and choice to its members
- Flexible work-from-home schedule to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with people who are motivated to go to work every day and make a difference
- Equity, competitive pay, generous PTO, and the opportunity to be a part of a new health insurance plan powered by the consumer, you!
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Bind is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bind is a drug-free workplace.
Bind sponsors H-1B visas for current H-1B visa holders on a limited basis, other visa sponsorship not available.