more jobs by:
As a Disbursement/Funding Assistant, you will be primarily responsible for:
Working with Escrow Officers, Operations team and the Director of Finance to ensure accurate and timely release of trust funds from escrow accounts via wires or checks for various parties involved in real estate transactions in all markets that we service.
What you may work on:
- Daily monitoring of upcoming and pending disbursements scheduled using internal reporting tools, providing updates to leadership team regularly on the status of disbursements
- Regularly ensuring all files to be disbursed and files with remaining balances are accounted for, escalating aged remaining balances with a sense of urgency
- Accept Disbursement Packages and review to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform quality control activities to ensure the disbursements ledger matches settlement statements, files are balanced, and funds received are in the form of good funds
- Confirm that wiring instructions are correct and that a wire checklist has been completed by the Operations team
- Work within bank portals and initiate or confirm outgoing wires
- Receipt incoming funds (checks and wires) and ensure an appropriate file reference is included
- Follow up and resolve any matters pertaining to rejected wires immediately
- Print checks and deliver in accordance with delivery instructions.
- Act as relief for other Transactions Coordinators as needed by the business
- Assist management with training for new team members/promotions, as needed for the business
- Additional duties as may be assigned by management based on business needs
What we are looking for in you:
- 1+ years of title/closing experience, multi state experience preferred.
- Experience managing fiduciary funds in a title and settlement business or accounting experience
- High level of understanding of settlement statements, prorations, title insurance rates, and commissions for real estate brokers and agents
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot errors or discrepancies and review data for accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively communicate those deadlines with team members and other stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the impact the disbursement process has on the consumer and clients and a track record of providing excellent customer service to clients at all times
- You like leveraging technology to do your job more efficiently, and have implemented new processes or workflows in previous roles
- You are a flexible team member, and can jump in to help other team members, even if it is out of your normal job scope
- You have fun at work and are excited to join a fast-growing startup that operates at the intersection of real estate, law, and insurance
What you will get from us:
- 100% employer paid medical premiums for all employees.
- Dental, vision, and HSA account.
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance-based bonuses and equity options
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible work hours
- Opportunity for you to help drive growth in a startup company
- Team events, casual dress code, great office amenities