ISPA, School Operations Manager, SY 20/21
WHO ARE WE?
K12 Produces Results
Get to know Insight Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School (ISPA)!
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, Insight Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School (ISPA). We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Insight Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School (ISPA) is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
The School Operations Manager performs and/or oversees various aspects of school operations with an emphasis on compliance activity at all levels, internal and external to the K12 organization.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develops and manages relationships with partner districts, state and other education stakeholders;
- Oversees and helps maintain student records and data; creates/implements/documents processes that ensure student data validity in K12 and 3rd party databases;
- Acts as point-of-contact and manages reporting issues including all local, K12, state, and federal reporting requirements;
- Works with administrative staff to ensure the school is in compliance with and meets all audit requirements;
- Manages the development of school policies and procedures, e.g. assists with the Company’s efforts nationally to develop policies and procedures, training standards and curriculum enhancements;
- Assists in student recruitment and the planning of school events;
- Oversees communication between the Company, students and families and districts related to student enrollments, registrations, withdrawals and end-of-year reclamation efforts;
- Supervises and Manages office staff and assists with a wide variety of personnel support issues; Makes daily work assignments and monitors the Enrollment and Registration team’s progress toward goals.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 2 - 5 Full-Time Equivalents (FTEs). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of relevant professional experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, MSWord, and Outlook
- Strong technology skills
- Experience using search engines (internet) for research projects
- Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass required background check
- Formal project management experience in fast-paced or start-up environment
- Non-profit / education grants management experience
- Experience with managing online learning
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)