Market General Manager - Wireless (Tampa)
DISH Wireless is looking for a Market General Manager with people-management abilities to help build our 5G network across the US.
The Market General Manager will be accountable for overall management and strategy execution for DISH Wireless in a specific market. Market functions include: engineering, operations, logistics, government relations, construction, finances, site acquisition, operations and staff within the market. This position will be responsible for driving large scale infrastructure programs, standards and best practices; and delivering a high performance network infrastructure. The Market General Manager will have strong knowledge of the competitive landscape in the market and use this knowledge to inform management about the opportunities in the market. This role will require some travel.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Provide oversight and direction for the design, initiation and implementation of network deployment plans to meet budgetary and timeline constraints
- Leadership of a diverse team of professionals located within the designated market. This includes resource planning, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, etc.
- Management oversight of strategic vendor partnerships that provide network construction, operational, and maintenance support
- Accountability for budget stewardship, expense management and forecasting
- Guidance for both short- and long-term network infrastructure programs, strategy, functionality and operational management practices
- Development of operational policies and processes that allow the team to provide best in class network services
- Overall management of multiple concurrent projects and network-related initiatives that are high profile, technically complex and unique in nature
- Communicate status and issues at various levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner
- Anticipate technical and tactical challenges and develop contingency plans for controlling costs and maintaining market deployment schedules
- Establish strong rapport within team members, support national practices that drive employee engagement and productivity
- Work with the region/national financial team in review of expenses; manage expense and capital budgets to maximize margins and achieve targeted financial objectives
- Coordinate with regional teams for projected need for additional project support as required
The successful Market General Manager will have:
- 10 + years Wireless Network experience; especially in wireless infrastructure and large scale programs
- 5+ years in progressively broader manager roles, leading multiple groups, departments, and teams
- 5+ years of site acquisition, network operation, construction experience, and budget accountability
- The ability to thrive in a start-up environment with significant ambiguity and challenging problems inherent in building a greenfield, stand-alone 5G network, including ownership of policy development
- Executive presence with strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of culture keeping and message ownership
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred