The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and time management skills, along with prior selling experience. Candidates must possess strong communication skills and project a professional image. Experience with fabric, sewing, craft or home décor is preferred. Important attributes are employment stability, proven history of growing sales, outstanding customer service mindset and strong work ethic. Personal quilting or sewing experience is a plus.
This is a commission based position, which offers a six (6) month paid training program and covers major travel expenses. The successful candidate must have reliable personal transportation, preferably a mini-van or SUV due to the volume of samples. This position requires overnight travel up to 60% of the time, including a few regional or national trade shows. Income is commensurate with sales volume generated.
- Our customer base consists of quilt shops, manufacturers, online retailers, cottage industry, craft stores, and other textile related businesses.
- We distribute various products for several hundred fabric & notions companies.
- We also design and print our own proprietary quilting fabric lines, the most recognizable of which is Maywood Studio.
About our Sales Reps:
- They are commission-based independent contractors, with major travel expenses reimbursed.
- Most own a mini-van so they can carry a strong representation of all the products we sell.
- They are willing to travel the territory to proactively grow their business.
- They are as passionate about this industry as their customers are.
- They work to build long-term relationships with their customers.
- They have perseverance, stamina, and are self-motivated.
Our responsibility to our reps:
- Training, training and more training!
- We have a great reputation with customers, excellent customer service and in house sales rep support.
- We pick up major travel expenses – gas and lodging (and all expenses when we require our reps to attend tradeshows and sales meetings).
- “Start-up” flat commission amount during the first 6 month initiation period.