Customer Support Team Lead
Customer Support & Success Team Lead
The role: We are hiring an experienced manager for our Customer Support and Success Team. B12 customers can choose to build a website as a “Do it Yourself” (DIY) project, or pay us to have a website built and enhanced by a web designer in a “Do it For You” (DIFY) arrangement. Your team is responsible for handling all inbound customer support inquiries as well as customer and net revenue retention across both customer segments. Both customer types may also subscribe to B12’s search engine optimization (SEO) and lead generation services, and your customer success team members are responsible for helping customers achieve value metrics from their web presence. This is an exciting opportunity to mentor, lead, and grow a supportive and hardworking team!
As the Customer Support & Success Team Lead you will:
Directly manage the performance of a team of 4-6 (and growing!)
- Engage in shadowing and mentorship of your direct reports as well as give feedback and set standards for excellent service.
Be responsible for the daily service delivery of your team to customers:
- Customer support via chat, email, and phone
- SEO, Email Marketing, and other lead generation strategy consultations
- Churn and downgrade prevention and customer interventions
- Webinars and other 1:many training and adoption strategies
With your team, build and maintain our support resources and customer strategies
- Knowledge Base and FAQ
- Customer health scoring and proactive interventions
De-escalate or directly manage frustrated customers escalated by your team members.
Contribute a small portion of individual contributor work in each area to serve as a training resource (you’ll be a player-coach for your direct reports).
Keep process and training documentation up-to-date for each role and workflow.
Work with our Recruiting Team to screen candidates and grow the team as needed.
Coordinate with the Director of Customer Success and Service Delivery Team Lead team to ensure we are retaining a high percent of customers.
Analyze operational metrics and KPIs to identify and then execute on process improvement and training opportunities.
Evolve the roles and responsibilities of your direct reports (and your own role!) over time as B12 Human/AI systems and capabilities grow.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 2-5 years of experience in a client/customer success or operations role, preferably at a SaaS startup or with a technology product. Customer-facing experience is a must.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are adept at employing them in customer-facing interactions.
You’ve managed projects with multiple stakeholders (web design or creative projects a plus).
- At B12, your team will manage projects between 3 stakeholders: themselves, customers, and freelance Experts.
You have people management experience in the areas above and have experience coaching and training junior employees to a high level of proficiency.
Since each type of B12 service delivery involves managing metrics for quality, efficiency, and customer SLAs, you are adept at independent data analysis and visualization. You are proficient with Excel/Sheets & Slides; SQL experience a plus.
You love working with customers, have high empathy and excellent written and verbal communication skills!
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable independently deescalating frustrated customers.
You want to help shape the future of B12 and the Customer Success team and serve in a role where you will need to solve new problems and challenges each day and strive for continuous improvement of your team.
- We are flexible on the number of years of previous experience for this role. We highly favor talent, passion, and interest.
- Don’t feel discouraged if you don’t match all the items on our lists above. Please apply anyway: there’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think you are.
- B12 is a safe place for human beings. We particularly encourage you to apply if you identify as a woman, are a person of color or other underrepresented minority, or are a member of the LGBTQIA community.
The workplace is undergoing rapid transformation, and B12 is on a mission to help people accomplish more at work. Orchestra, the engine behind B12’s Human-assisted AI model, is currently used to help teams of expert designers build and manage beautiful and professional websites. Leveraging AI to streamline complex workflows, B12 delivers superior outcomes for both creative experts and clients who receive a high-touch experience and a self-optimizing website in days. Using intelligent software to automate repetitive tasks, B12 allows people to leverage their expertise where it matters most, paving the way to greater craftsmanship, superhuman productivity, and a brighter future of work. Backed by one of the best human-machine teams in the world, B12 has closed a $12.4M Series A round led by General Catalyst Partners, Breyer Capital, Founder Collective, SV Angel, and more.