more jobs by:
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
HomeX is seeking a high-powered Executive Assistant based in our Chicago HQ to support our executive leadership team. We are growing quickly, so this is a great role for someone looking to grow with us.
The right candidate for this role has strong organization and communication skills. You should be excited at the prospect of working in a high-growth tech startup and wake up every day eager to tackle new challenges.
You are highly organized with the ability to be flexible and handle simultaneous moving parts with a sense of urgency. Above all, you are diligent about supporting people and view your role as critical to the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support Key Executives: Help our CEO, President, and other key executives manage their time and commitments, serving as the “first line of defense” and as an accelerant for their productivity.
- Coordinate Calendars & Travel: Whether it’s moving heaven and earth to get a prioritized meeting on the schedule, protecting key timeblocks, or figuring out the most efficient travel route, be a scheduling and coordination ninja
- Complete Expense Reports: Make sure we’ve got everything documented and submitted properly for key executives
- Be First Point of Contact: Be the first face anyone sees when they walk in the door, making them feel welcome and at home in our Chicago office.
- Keep the Team Energized: Whether it’s ordering catering for a meeting, coordinating a team offsite, or selecting swag gifts, you love keeping people happy and fed
- Lead Key Projects: As needed, support the CEO and President on key initiatives, including maintaining trackers and managing documents for investor relations, supporting M&A activities, facilitating performance feedback and reviews, etc.
- Proactive: You anticipate the needs of your team and take the initiative to proactively solve any potential hiccups before they turn into real issues. You bring solutions, not problems, to the table.
- Flexible: You thrive in a chaotic environment and are a pro at “rolling with the punches.” You’re even-keeled, so you can adapt to change quickly without getting stressed or frustrated.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, working with team members in all departments and levels.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Good Judgment: You have a solid head on your shoulders, and you excel at knowing when to make the call and when to ask for additional direction (and from whom)
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things.
- Courageous: You think big and aren’t afraid to fail.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in high intensity environment
- Impeccable attention to detail and project management skills
- Proactive and independent
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.