Bloomscape is a Direct to Consumer plant brand with a mission to become the simplest source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that's deeply vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience plants in every area of the home and garden, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
We are looking for an energetic and knowledgeable self-starter to join our Creative/Content Team. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and able to think and execute creatively, with a high degree of craft.
The Videographer will report to the Senior Content Manager and will be responsible for shooting and editing video, including digital advertisements, e-commerce website elements, branded content, how-to videos + workshops, and more. Candidates should have a proven ability and portfolio that demonstrate their familiarity with all stages of video production. We are looking for a conceptual thinker that has experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing, and energetic start-up environment.
The ideal Videographer candidate is an imaginative content creator + storyteller, strong collaborator, and all around figure-it-out-er. Applicants should have a solid background in video production, from pre- all the way to post, including filming, editing, color correction, and basic sound mixing. Experience working with Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and motion graphics preferred.
- Shoot and edit video for ads, website, and other marketing channels.
- Maintain equipment and help to keep our in-house studio organized and efficient.
- Work with the marketing team, copywriters and external animators and editors (when needed) to develop and produce video treatments that meet company objectives.
- Digital asset management: ingesting, organizing, distributing, and archiving video footage.
- Develop templates and standardized workflows to help the company work more efficiently as it relates to the concepting, executing and distributing of video content.
- You have a great eye, and understand how to make bold, compelling visuals.
- You have experience working with professional video equipment, including lighting, sound, and grip.
- You're an expert in Adobe Premiere, and have a general understanding of After Effects, Davinci Resolve, and Photoshop.
- You have a good understanding of the video production process, including pre and post-production.
- Familiarity with photography (both product and lifestyle) is a plus, but not required.
- You love testing new creative concepts, and are willing to offer creative solutions to a wide range of challenges.
- You are a strong and effective communicator and storyteller.
- You are detail-oriented and have strong project management and organizational skills; you can manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- You are a self-starter who's comfortable with problem-solving on the fly and is eager to grow.
- You are inherently a curious person that loves to ideate, test, learn, and repeat. You love the process itself just as much as the end result.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of creating quality video content, ideally for DTC brands.
- Strong understanding of each stage of the production process, especially lighting, camera work, and post production/editing.
- Ability to edit and post from rough cut to final deliverable.
- Ability to operate cameras and, when needed, other production equipment to shoot footage with technical and creative proficiency.
- Comfort with creating and editing in traditional and non-traditional video formats (e.g. mobile); equally proficient with a DSLR as a mobile phone.
- A strong sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to connect with audiences in as little time as possible.
- Strong understanding of camera file format workflow.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization.
- Proficient in Adobe suite, Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro, After Effects & Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition skills a plus.
- Understanding of social/digital media and creating short form videos.
- Good communicator that can work easily with digital and social media teams.
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- Has a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- A track record of performance meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
**Portfolio and/or video reel required**
Bloomscape is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.